Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Windows Still Killing Mac and Windows XP Just Won't Die

This is a fun graph since it shows just how dominate Windows in general is over the competition including the latest versions of the Mac OS.  The interesting thing it shows is that XP is still favored over Windows 7.  I can say for certain that this is common.  I have gotten Windows XP machine builds from clients giving me laptops even in the last month and I can see the persistence.  What I can say though is that Microsoft is committed to killing it (as they have set a line in the sand to cut off support), and who would want to keep using it anyways.  I mean SERIOUSLY........  It's chiefly 32 bit which limits you to 4GB of ram and Windows 7 is just much prettier.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57424798-93/windows-xp-holding-on-as-dominant-os/

No comments:

Post a Comment