Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chinmay Patel Releases CrmXpress Smart SOAP Logger for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 on Codeplex

I recently received a message on LinkedIn from a developer named Chinmay Patel that wanted to use my CRM 2011 Soap Formatter project on CodePlex as a partial base for his own project.   Basically, my current tool formats up jscript web service calls that could be dumped into CRM based on the SOAP request envelope that you could capture using the SOAP Logger solution that comes with the CRM SDK.  He has now released this new project, called  CrmXpress Smart SOAP Logger, you can download it from the link below.

http://smartsoaplogger.codeplex.com/

I twisted his arm and asked if he could make me a coordinator on this project because this project is basically what I dreamed to make out of my SOAP Formatter tool when I had more time to work on it.  It fully incorporates the functionality of the SOAP Logger solution provided in the SDK that you previously had to use prior to using my SOAP formatter tool to generate the jscript.

This new tool is a one stop shop for jscript generation as it works more like how the old Stunnware solution worked for CRM 3 and CRM 4.  You just log into your CRM organization using the login screen in the tool and then provide the C# code for your request.  Then, when you hit execute, it provides the request envelope, response envelope, and the jscript code for the call all in one step.

Here is a link to Chinmay's blog: http://www.crmxpress.net/blog/Blog/

I hope this helps!

-

No comments:

Post a Comment